Head-up Display – Introduction
- A head-up display (HUD) is a transparent display that shows crucial information and data to a driver without diverting the driver’s attention from the viewing points.
- Head-up displays mainly display the speed and navigation on the screen; however, the user can utilize various customization options to display the data on screen as per requirement such as posted road signs, and blind spot warnings.
- The head-up display consists of a projector unit, a display system, a video creator, and combiners. The system is configured in such a way so as to offer the best safety system in vehicle transport.
- Primarily, head-up displays were invented for military aircrafts; nonetheless, developments in the automotive sector have initiated the implementation of head-up displays.
Global Head-up Display Market: Dynamics
Global Head-up Display Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in demand for automated vehicles with connected features along with safety, comfort, and entertainment features, and the need to get notifications about navigation and parking space updates in passenger cars drives the demand for head-up displays.
- Rising demand for head-up displays technology in the military and defence aviation sector to use it in aircrafts, which enables the pilot to receive a critical notification without looking toward the screen, increases efficiency and safety. This factor drives the huge adoption of head-up displays in the military and defence aviation sector.
- The increasing number of passengers traveling through domestic and international airlines significantly results in rising production of civil aircraft, which encourages companies to focus on enhancing precision by developing head-up displays within the aircraft, thus boosting the demand for head-up displays.
Request A Sample –
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Head-up Display Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the shutdown of factories – some on a temporary and others on a permanent basis, which has impacted the economy of countries across the globe.
- COVID-19 has a negative impact on the display manufacturing industry, as the utilization of displays has dropped due to closure of automotive factories, which is the most important end-user of head-up display market.
- It leads to drop in demand for head-up displays (HUD) during the COVID-19 situation.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Head-up Display Market
- In terms of region, the global head-up display market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- As per the U.S. Department of Transportation, more than 36,096 vehicle accident cases were registered in 2019. Thus, the safety of drivers and passengers and rising demand for electric vehicles results in extensive adoption of head-up displays in the North America region.
- In Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India, developments in driver assistance features using head-up displays (HUD) initiates the growth of the head-up display market.
- The market in Europe is expected to drive the demand for head-up displays due to strict safety rules enforced by governments and increasing production of luxury cars.
- The growing demand for developments in the automotive sector in the MEA region is expected to result in growth of the head-up display market during the forecast period.
Buy Our Premium Research [email protected]
Global Head-up Display Market: Competition Landscape
- Several prominent players in the head-up display market bring innovation into head-up displays to maximize revenue with a strong presence.
- In June 2019, Continental AG developed a head-up display in a project designed by Continental Engineering Services, which is suitable to be installed in cockpits, and with minimum installation space in sports cars.
- In January 2021, Panasonic Automotive launched its augmented reality (AR) based head-up display (HUD), which is capable of displaying obstacles on the road, lane edges, and other information to share with the driver.
Key Players Operating in the Global Head-up Display Market Include:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- BAE Systems
- Continental AG
- Collins Aerospace
- Denso Corporation
- ELBIT Systems Ltd.
- Esterline Technologies
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Rockwell Collins
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Visteon Corporation
Read Our Latest Press Release: